turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NationalQ

Filing Fee Question

Turbo Tax charged me a $40 filing fee, but they were unable to e-file it and said I have to mail it. How do I get a refund of this $40?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Filing Fee Question

There is no filing fee for either a federal or state return in the online platform.  The charge is likely for the tax preparation program.  That fee applies whether you e-file or print for mailing.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Filing Fee Question

There is no filing fee for either a federal or state return in the online platform.  The charge is likely for the tax preparation program.  That fee applies whether you e-file or print for mailing.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
ldenison

Filing Fee Question

Estimate of tax preparation fee for personal tax return?

Filing Fee Question

@ldenison wrote:

Estimate of tax preparation fee for personal tax return?

Purchasing the TurboTax online editions for 2019 is dependent on the tax data you will need to enter on a federal tax return.

Go to this TurboTax website for a comparison - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/

The TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions all include the same forms, schedules and worksheets.  The difference in the desktop editions is the amount of help and assistance is given in completing your tax return.

Go to this TurboTax website for the 2019 desktop CD/Download editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

Filing Fee Question

i have never file on line scared  on the other had want to try it i work in delaware and live in maryland can you help me safely walk me thru this before i go jackson hewwitt 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies