Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The worksheets will not open or download for 2022. How do I get these?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Try closing out of TurboTax and clear your cache and delete cookies. Then sign back into your TurboTax account. If that does not work, try a different browser. 

If you have already filed, to print your State return, see the instructions below:

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return, that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets. Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted.

Please see the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.
  2. Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.
  3. Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)
  4. In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.
  5. Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  6. Then select the option to print your 2022 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.
  7. This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
  8. Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply back to this thread, and we will be happy to help.

@davymorris 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

10 Replies

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2022 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

I have tried your suggestions and all I get is a page that says working on getting documents ready for 20 minuets and then screen disappears

Can you just download them to my email address [email address removed]

@davymorris wrote:

Can you just download them to my email address [email address removed]

Sorry, no.  Only you can access your account and download the tax return forms, schedules and worksheets to your computer.

The screen says preparing documents for 20 minuets then disappears so how do I get them? I have tried several times already

Does anybody have an answer and fix for this issue or should I ask for a refund for your faulty online product or get the attorney general involved in this issue?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Try closing out of TurboTax and clear your cache and delete cookies. Then sign back into your TurboTax account. If that does not work, try a different browser. 

If you have already filed, to print your State return, see the instructions below:

You can locate the worksheets that were included in your tax return by accessing a complete copy of your tax return from the Print Center. The PDF file of your tax return, that is located on the tax home page will not include the worksheets. Please note: this may not work until your return has been accepted.

Please see the steps below to obtain a complete copy of your tax return which would include all worksheets:

1. Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.
  2. Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click on show.
  3. Next scroll down and click on Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.)
  4. In the left side panel click on Tax Tools then click on Print Center.
  5. Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  6. Then select the option to print your 2022 federal and state returns (shortest version). You can also select the option to Include government worksheets (optional) (medium-length version) and/or You can also select Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) (longest version). Then select View or print forms.
  7. This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
  8. Once you have finished printing, click on Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click on Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reply back to this thread, and we will be happy to help.

@davymorris 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks much-Google chrome will not open or download these files even after clearing the cookies and cache as you suggested I had to use microsoft edge to get the files-Thanks again for you help.

RKilgo

This worked perfectly !!!

However, for me it worked the next day.

Maybe after the forms were accepted by IRS.

I was quite aggravated on the day I filed because I could not access the records I wanted.

[PII removed] 🙂

Thank you for your answer. I was able to print the forms I needed. However, this is a ridiculous way to have to access your TurboTax documents and worksheets. There should definitely be a way to print these from the Tax Home page. Having to use this "backdoor" approach is crazy!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies