Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If turbo tax is charging $189 for preparing my taxes do i qualify for the tax break for filing over $100?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If turbo tax is charging $189 for preparing my taxes do i qualify for the tax break for filing over $100?

The tax preparation fees paid in 2017 can be entered on your 2017 tax return, filed in 2018, as a Miscellaneous itemized deduction on Form 1040 Schedule A.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for information - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559402-can-i-claim-tax-prep-fees-as-a-deduction

View solution in original post

4 Replies

That amount seems high for an online tax return.  Did you complete multiple states or select several optional services? Look at your fees.
Click on My Account at the top of the program screen.   Click on Tools.  Click on My Fees.
What is the breakdown of the fees shown?

Yes, I filed 2 state returns.

The tax preparation fees paid in 2017 can be entered on your 2017 tax return, filed in 2018, as a Miscellaneous itemized deduction on Form 1040 Schedule A.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for information - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559402-can-i-claim-tax-prep-fees-as-a-deduction

Thanks! This was very helpful
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies