a531952218

The stimulus checks increased my income from $20k+ to $30k+. How did $1200+$600 increase my income by that much though I have already reported my unemployment income?

From my point of view, my income should be $20k + $1200 + $600. There is now way it's close to $30k. Is there an option for me to correct my total income?

AlanT222

Stimulus payments you received are not included in your taxable income.  However, unemployment compensation is included in your taxable income, even if you had income tax withheld from your pay.  

Your total income should include your wages and your unemployment compensation.  

AlanT222