Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ahowie22

The site is reporting an error in the form, but the information presented to "correct" accurately reflects my W-2. It will not let me file without solving this.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

The site is reporting an error in the form, but the information presented to "correct" accurately reflects my W-2. It will not let me file without solving this.

What section of the W-2 is the program reporting an error?  Is it box 12 with an S code?

ahowie22

It is box 20, I think. But all of the information in boxes 18-20 which it says is incorrect aligns with the information on my W-2.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Is there anything in boxes 18 and 19?

If there is nothing in box 19, then you can delete boxes 18 and 20 (this might solve your issue).

Are you auto-importing your W-2? If so, can you delete the W-2 in TurboTax and type the W-2 in by hand? Since TurboTax has to work with so many disparate partners to download forms, something things happen that are out of our control.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ahowie22

I went in and manually entered the W-2 and the error still occurred. It says the locality name (box 20) should only appear once, but my W-2 has 67 listed twice.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

"67" is your locality name? What does that mean?

Is the "67" physically in box 20 twice? What happens when you manually enter the W-2 (thank you for doing that) and you enter the "67" only once in box 20?

And are there two entries each in boxes 18 and 19?

ahowie22

67 is the locality name. On the W-2 it is listed twice, but I have tried to delete the second one to see if it would correct the error, but it continued to deny it.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

So do you know what 67 refers to?

I see that ADP uses number codes for locality names, but these codes are not supposed to end up on the W-2.

What state are you in?

ahowie22

I am in PA.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

I see that the York Adams Tax Bureau has a lot of locations with the number 67 in the code number.

How about looking at the list of taxing authorities above and choose one that describes where you live/work? Also, if you see where you live/work, check the number for that location and see if maybe that number will do the trick?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies