Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The search button is gone. Now in the upper right all I see is notifications (bell) and price preview (shopping cart).

No idea why, I have logged out and logged back in but there is no longer a magnifying glass search button in the upper right. I don't think price preview used to be there and that's what's there now (in addition to notifications). Why is this? How do I get the search button back?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

The search button is gone. Now in the upper right all I see is notifications (bell) and price preview (shopping cart).

Which version of TurboTax are you using?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The online version.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try the following steps which may help clear the loop you are experiencing:

• Log completely out of Turbo Tax.
  • Then, clear your cache and cookies within your browser and completely close out of it.  I have included the Help Articles below if you need assistance with clearing cache or cookies.
  • Re-open the browser and log back into Turbo Tax and see if this fixes the situation.
    • You can also try a different browser as well, or "incognito mode".

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please reach back out here in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps. 

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

@bythesea 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I cleared the cache and cookies and now I can't connect at all. I finally tried incognito mode and that worked. Logged right in and the got the search button back. This is totally strange that I would have to use incognito mode to get it to work. Next year I'm going to use a professional tax preparer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies