The same glitch that has been in TurboTax for year...

josephandinger

The same glitch that has been in TurboTax for years in the Schedule E for PA is *still* there.

Schedule E PA is requiring that I enter rental income in a different column than royalty income. But there is no way to edit the form so the information shows up in different columns. (The rental income is zero, but it still wants something there.) Can manually change/edit Schedule E so it clears the error check?
tomwilber

Same here: For Error Check PA state return I get a continuous do-loop each time I recheck after making the required corrections. The problem is in PA Schedule E for rental and royalty income. I am not reporting rental income, only royalty income. If I select for profit Y or for profit N the error message says "for profit box Y/N should not be checked for royalty income". If I change the selection to "no entry" and check for errors again, the error message says "For profit box Y/N must be entered". If I select either Y or N check for errors again, the error message says "for profit box Y/N should not be checked for royalty income". After doing this cycle 20 or 30 times, I sort of started thinking that maybe something could be wr...wro...wrrrong? No. Yes? I don't know. Help. I can't file. I can't get a live person to answer. 

tomwilber

So I fixed it while waiting for live support to call me. I went to View Forms and notice there were zeroes (0) entered in both columns in the rental line of along with the intended royalty amounts in the royalty line.  I blanked out the zeroes. So the error message means you can't have rental income and royalty income in the same column even if the amount is a numeric zero, which to a rube like me might also indicate no rental income.  Perhaps the error message should say there should be only one value? Did you have income last year? No. Did you have income last year? Yes, it was zero. 

josephandinger

This is a good workaround! Also: thank you for explaining this aggravating issue in detail; I feel less like an idiot now! This seems like it should be a simple fix in the program, but I suspect  state returns are less of a priority for TT.