The review of my state return keeps telling me tha...

mwallgren72

The review of my state return keeps telling me that I need to fix the state ID on one of my W-2's. I've checked the number three times and it is correct. What do I do?

My state is Utah, by the way.
SteamTrain

All the folks having trouble with this so far?

They have fixed it by making the last three letters "lower case"  wth.

.....everywhere used....

Yes....stupid software programming screwup

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
mwallgren72

Okay, thanks for the help. Now, I went in and changed the letters to lower-case on my W-2. For some reason, that info isn't transferring back over to the state return, but it looks like I can't edit the state documents manually. Any ideas?

SteamTrain

Supposedly, from what others have posted here...the state forms will still show capitals....that's OK....supposedly

BUT

Others have indicated you carefully have to make sure you've accessed and edited every form in the Federal section that you've entered and has any UT  ID numbers in it's state section.

i.e. 1099-R forms, Unemployment 1099-G forms W-2G forms, I would guess K-1 forms too.

Beyond that, I wouldn't know what else do...perhaps delete any imported forms and re-enter them manually?

................OR call Customer Support and see if they have any new information not generally known.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632