turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

itsvj

ITIN Application - Medical Record for Dependent

According to W7 instructions I understand that I have to attach a US medical record for the proof of US residency for my Kid who is 1 year old to apply ITIN and claim as dependent in my Tax return . I have a medical/clinical summary for a visit from the hospital which has everything required by IRS except the Docto(or)hospital phone number. Based on IRS instruction if medical record is missing any required information then medical record should be - accompanied by a dated letter providing the required information on official letterhead from the federal authority, physician, hospital, or clinic that administered the latest care of the child

Any idea on
1) How to request a medical record from a Hospital for ITIN purpose
2) What content (required information)/ format should be there in the letterhead

Tahnks for your time

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JohnC11

The provided information is merely well edited and friendly speech taken directly from the IRS website at: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

1.)  A person could contact the hospital where they got the summary, and tell them:

• "Thank you for the summary you provided.  The IRS requires me to have a dated letter providing the name, address, and phone number of the doctor, hospital, or clinic when my child was treated per your summary, and it must be on your official letterhead."
  • If the W7 requires a date of entry for the child, the parent could say, "It also needs to include my child's date of entry."
  • The parent should thank the person graciously for helping them, in advance.

2.)  The content (required information)/format simply needs to be those specific facts as stated, per IRS instructions at the time of this writing that are commonly found at https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw7.pdf

Good luck.

If this helped you, please up-vote this answer so I know you were taken care of 100%. If we need to work together further to get it resolved, please comment...we'll get it taken care of together.

I'm here to help.

itsvj

Thanks for the reply. My daughter passport has the valid seal from the port of entry with the date admitted into USA. Is that good enough and accepted as date of entry or do I still need to attach a medical record. Thanks
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies