turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

frykonty

The local school district pays me a one-time stipend for my coaching. This is reported on a W2 with all deductions. This is part of my business and the contract is year to year. How do I report this self-employed business income?

As a soccer coach, I get paid for coaching teams and running camps or other training sessions.  This past year I only received income for coaching a school soccer team.  This is a 1-year renewable contract that pays a one-time stipend (even though the work is year-round).  
This income is reported on a W2 with all deductions made.
I always complete the self-employed tax forms but in the past had other income sources and appropriate 1099's.  This year I have no 1099 and my only business income was from the school contract.  Where do I report this income since it was already reported and taxed as a W2?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Hal_Al
Level 15

The local school district pays me a one-time stipend for my coaching. This is reported on a W2 with all deductions. This is part of my business and the contract is year to year. How do I report this self-employed business income?

You can not report that income as business income. The W-2 means it's wages and that's the only way to report it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies