turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The IRS is me for my "taxpayer ID".They will not issue my without it. Do you have this information? Thank you. Christopher Petronello

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The IRS is me for my "taxpayer ID".They will not issue my without it. Do you have this information? Thank you. Christopher Petronello

Your taxpayer ID is your social security number (if you are a citizen or green card holder) or your ITIN (if you are a resident or non-resident alien).

It sounds like you need to mail or fax a copy of your ID to the IRS, or take your social security card or green card to an IRS office and show it to them to verify your identity.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Please remove your name from your question.

Your taxpayer ID is your social security number (if you are a citizen or green card holder) or your ITIN (if you are a resident or non-resident alien).

It sounds like you need to mail or fax a copy of your ID to the IRS, or take your social security card or green card to an IRS office and show it to them to verify your identity.

The IRS still has not issued my refund. I filled out the ridiculous form they sent to me. The information the were asking me to fill out was all already on the actual form that they were having me fill out.. The state of CT income tax refund came in a little over a week.

"What happens after I contact the IRS?
We'll continue processing your tax return once we verify your identity and confirm that you submitted the return. If you did file the return, please know it will take approximately 9 weeks to process it once you verify your identity."
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-5071c-letter">https://www.irs.gov/individuals/und...>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies