The IRS requested a completed 8962 form along with a copy of my 1095-A.How would i know what percentage to put in Part IV-a (that's the allocation i fall into)?

lopezs1982

He doesn't even know what percentage his tax agent put in his return. This is a very complex form to fill out to begin with and not knowing a key piece of info is nerve wrecking. I will say... that once he filed he was told that he has to pay back rather than get a return BECAUSE of the health insurance. Not sure if all this makes sense but I explained as best as i could. Hope someone knows what I can do to avoid further delay with my returns.

KittyM

If you are allocating percentages for a 1095-A, you should be able to look at a copy of his Form 8962 Part IV and find the allocation percentage assigned to you.  If it is empty, you can assume he used 100% and your percentage is zero.  You can also ask his preparer what percentage the preparer used.  Failing an answer from either location, you can file a Request for Copy of Tax Return with the IRS, but this will take some time.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions on entering a Form 1095-A and generating the Form 8962 requested by the IRS: