The IRS requested a completed 8962 form along with a copy of my 1095-A.How would i know what percentage to put in Part IV-a (that's the allocation i fall into)?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lopezs1982

The IRS requested a completed 8962 form along with a copy of my 1095-A.How would i know what percentage to put in Part IV-a (that's the allocation i fall into)?

He doesn't even know what percentage his tax agent put in his return. This is a very complex form to fill out to begin with and not knowing a key piece of info is nerve wrecking. I will say... that once he filed he was told that he has to pay back rather than get a return BECAUSE of the health insurance. Not sure if all this makes sense but I explained as best as i could. Hope someone knows what I can do to avoid further delay with my returns.

1 Reply
KittyM
Level 2

If you are allocating percentages for a 1095-A, you should be able to look at a copy of his Form 8962 Part IV and find the allocation percentage assigned to you.  If it is empty, you can assume he used 100% and your percentage is zero.  You can also ask his preparer what percentage the preparer used.  Failing an answer from either location, you can file a Request for Copy of Tax Return with the IRS, but this will take some time.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions on entering a Form 1095-A and generating the Form 8962 requested by the IRS: 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6765257

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings