Since it is now after February 14 and you haven't received your W-2, you need to follow the steps here below.
1. Get your last 2016 paystub and call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
2. The IRS will ask you for some info before following up with your employer.
3. After notifying the IRS, you can either continue waiting for your W-2, or paper-file your return using Form 4852 and your last paystub. You can find instructions for how to file with Form 4852 here https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3351348
NOTE: Returns including Form 4852 cannot be e-filed per IRS regulations. So you will have to print and mail if you go this route.
Other Related Topics:
- Can I use my last paystub if I don't have my W-2 yet?
- How do I file a substitute W-2 using Form 4852?
Still have questions?Make a post