Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

roy5

The amount showing up in Other Income Taxes is very large. I am not sure how it is calculated, but looks like it populated last year with a large amount as well.

The amount doesn't appear to be changing by tax refund; however, I am not sure if it is interfering with AMT or any other items.  Thanks for the help.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

The amount showing up in Other Income Taxes is very large. I am not sure how it is calculated, but looks like it populated last year with a large amount as well.

Other Income Taxes is a summary number that summarizes ALL of the taxes you have paid either directly or through withholdings on Forms such as W2s, 1099s, etc.  Because of this it is often quite large, but - even though it is in the Deductions and Credits section - it is not directly related to any deductions or credits etc; its just a one stop shop to see all of your taxes paid.

If you click the Start button next to the Other Income Tax section and then click the blue link "Where does the other income taxes amount come from?" you can get an exact breakdown for your return.  See screenshot below.  

But, for example, that number would include both of your Federal and state withholdings.  It can also include local taxes, refunds applied to this years taxes from a prior year, balances due from prior years that were paid in this year, and payments made with any extension you might file.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies