Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What tax program will allow me to estimate my 2018 taxes right now using the new tax laws for my 2018 quarterly estimates?

@DoninGA - perhaps the poster is using the Mac version that does not have "Find" box, but has a "Search Topics" button in the middle of the top window bar.   Enter "1040-es" in the "I'm looking for"  box.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

What tax program will allow me to estimate my 2018 taxes right now using the new tax laws for my 2018 quarterly estimates?

Thanks @macuser_22 - I was not aware that TT choose to make even that simple function different between the Win and Mac versions.  Apparently the poster was satisfied with the answer provided below.

rebatte:
If you are using the Windows version and not seeing the search/find tool in the upper right corner, it's possible your Window is not fully maximized and the tool is collapsed.  See the screen images I left another user in this other thread on what to do if the tool is collapsed:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4487028-how-do-i-perform-a-search-in-turbotax-for-windows-there-is...>

@DoninGA - FYI - I put a Mac screenshot in an answer box (below)  so you can see what it looks like.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The 2017 TurboTax program will have the estimated tax Form 1040-ES for 2018 available once the IRS approves the forms.  The program will have the section updated for estimating 2018 taxes after the IRS has issued the worksheets which are included for the 1040-ES.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for IRS forms availability (dates subject to change) - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1908854-irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-perso...

Note - The TurboTax 2017 software was updated for the 2018 Form 1040-ES.

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2584228-can-turbotax-calculate-next-year-s-federal-estimated-taxes

What was the date of this post?  I don't see it listed anywhere.

would that make it 2/12/2018??

The date of the post and answer is January 7, 2018.

If I buy TurboTax CD/Download Deluxe 2017 edition now (Feb 24, 2018), how will I get the Form 1040ES worksheet for calculating estimated tax payments when it becomes available?

It will be included in the updates to the software when the calculations and 2018 form 1040-ES are finalized.  The Updater Preferences are set to Automatic as a default when the software is installed.
LZH226

How will we know when TurboTax has made this update?
ILoveTax
Returning Member

I saw the 2018 Form W-4 released on the IRS website today (2/27/2018). Does that mean the 2018 Form 1040-ES is coming soon? How long will TurboTax take to update the software from the time the 1040-ES is released/approved by the IRS? How will users get notified?
s204879

The IRS has published Form 1040-ES  for 2018 When will Turbo Tax update?
mahkno

Still waiting on the 1040-ES.     The IRS published it three weeks ago.
marineuac

any news?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies