Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where do I get the answer for form 2210A1 page 4?

I'm having the same issue. I do not need Form 2210 and Turbo Tax will not allow me to edit or delete it - I've tried multiple times.

Last year I had to go to Forms View, scroll to the form and "delete" the form. When the form came up again this year the error message was to "uncheck" a box that related to the 85% exception. I don't know the box # off hand. Once I unchecked the box the form disappeared.

No thanks to the TurboTax "Help Desk" I finally figured out a workaround to get rid of the Form 2210 on my Premier version using Windows 10. I went into the "Forms" at top right hand of my screen and used the quicklink at the top of the Form 2210 to use a Form 2210F instead. The Form 2210F is when most of your income comes from farming but the form is not filed with your tax return. I checked the boxes to qualify to use the Form 2210F even though I have no farm income. Once I added the Form 2210, the software allowed me to go back into the forms list and delete the Form 2210. Once that was done I was able to submit my tax returns to federal and state. What a mess and TurboTax needs to have a hotline prominently shown where people can go to get these bugs fixed. The person I talked to at the Help Desk knew less than I did about the software and her "fix" was to delete all the income entries and then reenter. I told her I couldn't see what that would do if the underlying software wasn't fixed but she said that's all that was on her "sheet." I think TurboTax hax gone to hell and will be looking for something else next year.
kimhir
Returning Member

Thank you. It worked if I became a farmer. I had the same experience with support. They did not have a clue. The only think they did was have me clear my cookies and cache which of course did not work. Sad. They used to be the gold standard, but now I need to check around for next year for a different company
Kimberly F
Expert Alumni

If you delete the form and the error still appears, you should populate the form by inputting some random amounts.  Then the form actually generates with amounts.  Then navigate to the tools and delete the form.

That probably works but should be unnecessary if TT is picking up the data from prior year correctly. Due to no fed taxes in 2016 by using Altman carry forward no estimates required in 2017. Yet TT is asking me to enter numbers using the annualized income method. I was finally able to delete the form and 2210A1 worksheets and error mags went away. This is a TT glitch and doesn't have anything to do with interview forms.

Actually kim_fenwick, your answer worked! I am on a Mac and while your comment, "navigate to tools" doesn't apply to Mac, I added random numbers to Form 2210AI Line 1 to populate the highlighted cells, then Form 2210AI finally appeared in the Forms list and I was able to highlight the form and hit "delete" on my keyboard, and it finally went away. Thank you!

I am having the same Issue.  Deleting the form appears to be the answer,  however, when I go to the tools tab there is no option to "Delete a Form".  I am using the TT Premier product.
 How to I access that option to address this software glitch?
LisaBr

I have updated the answer.  Please let me know if you still cannot locate the Delete a Form.
LisaBr

If you have the TurboTaxDesktop instead of Online.  Deleting a form:  Select Go To Forms at the top of screen.  Find form on left-hand list of forms.  Double-click on the form.  Once you see the form, go to bottom and you will see Delete.  Click on this button and the form will delete.

Thank you.  That solved it.
LisaBr

Thank you for pointing that our to me.
kimhir
Returning Member

That did not solve it for me. I am using turbotax home and business CD on a windows 10 computer.. It will not let me delete 2210. When I delete it there it still is causing an error and in my list of forms saying not filled out. I tried to input data into 2210 and delete it and that also would not delete it. I think the problem is that I carried forward my refund from 2017 into 2018 and it does not seem to recognize that.  I actually get a refund so I did not even underpay my taxes.  I have been using turbo tax for years it is a shame to see it go so downhill. I do not know what I will use next year, but it appears turbotax is no longer the gold standard

When I was getting the 2210 error message and the form was being generated,  the error message told me to uncheck  box A in Part II. I have no idea why the system checked that bxs because I know I didn't and entered no 2210 data anyplace. Once I unchecked the box via override the error message went away and  so did the 2210.
  Since the 2210 was a problem last year it is obvious TT did nothing about fixing the problem.

I'm having the exact same problem with FORM 2210, Part II, box A.  I cannot edit or delete the form... So I cannot move forward with e-filing.
I've spoken with multiple TT representatives today. Over 6 hours dealing with this issue... I just got off the phone with a TT agent (I was on the phone with her for over 2 hours!) She said TT is finally recognizing that multiple people are dealing with this issue and that it is a bug with their ON-LINE program and are working on a fix. In the meantime, they offered to send me the software/download version... which means I will need to start over and re-enter ALL my information. (But from what I've read, other people are having this same issue with the download version as well.) So I'm hoping TT finds a solution in the next few days so I can avoid having to repeat all the work I've already completed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies