turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My daughter status: Not a dependent this year. Can anyone say why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Check to see what you said in My Info for her.  Click edit by her name and go back through the questions again.  Make sure you entered her date of birth correctly and that you said she lived with you the whole year.  Make sure you entered her Social Security number.  Make sure you answered that odd question about whether she paid for over half her own support NO.  Another thing to try is to just delete her and then re-enter her information from scratch.  She should show up on line 6c as your dependent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Tell us more about your daughter.  We cannot see your return.  How old was she at the end of 2017?  Was she a full-time student?  Did she live with you?  Did she have over $4050 of income?
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

She born on Jule 04 2014. at the end of 2017 she 3 old. She goes child-care only. She lives with me and my wife

his child is...

Adopted (if the adoption was final before 2017, select None of the above)

A foster child

None of the above ---- I choose this, is it correct?

none of the above is correct.

i delete and start again now fill good. thanks

Great!  you are welcome.

Check to see what you said in My Info for her.  Click edit by her name and go back through the questions again.  Make sure you entered her date of birth correctly and that you said she lived with you the whole year.  Make sure you entered her Social Security number.  Make sure you answered that odd question about whether she paid for over half her own support NO.  Another thing to try is to just delete her and then re-enter her information from scratch.  She should show up on line 6c as your dependent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies