Taxes is rejected is it ok now it’s says pending

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Replies
Level 1

I am also interested in finding out if mine are OK after being rejected and resubmitted.  In my situation, I got a rejection notice this morning and instructions on how to fix which just had me me re-transmit my e-file.  When I walked through the steps on the webiste, it just had me confirm my identity and e-file again.  After doing that, I read another e-mail that said I needed to delete my W2 and re-import it, so I called support who said the incorrect data they received from their data partner might have been corrected without me needing to do it manually or that I might get rejected again.  I'm a bit concerned that I will have to file by mail which would add extra steps and processing time to my returns.  

If someone at turbotax knows for sure it not deleting and re-importing my W2 will result in my return going to the IRS with incorrect data or if the issue was fixed internally and all I needed to do was the fix-it steps as prompted it would be good to know.

Thanks!

Expert Alumni

If your tax return is in "Pending" status, that means it has been e-filed, but the IRS has neither accepted or rejected it yet.

Sometimes a return is only Pending for a few hours, but could be a few days in some cases. At some point in the near future, it will move to "Accepted" or "Rejected". 

If it is Rejected, go ahead and do what the email says to make corrections and resubmit the return. If you need help with a particular error, contact support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings