turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

.tax2014 File Will not open

Nothing I have found on the forums has enabled me to open my 2014 returns. I repeat my issue here:

"I have the same problem as tirmanm and at least one other. I reinstalled from my original TT2014 H&B CD (Win and Mac), then did the updates and installed Massachusetts. Still same error message about WRONG TAX YEAR - will not open any of 3 returns that I had prepared with the software, but under an earlier version of MacOS. I do not remember which MacOS version I was on at that time 5 years ago. I am on MacOS10.12.6 now. Unfortunately I never created a pdf of my most important return, which I'd like to do at this time before I migrate to a new laptop and OS. What can I do?"

Clicking on the link <https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/> as instructed in your reply takes me to a log-in page. I can log in OK, but find myself right back where I started in the faq area with no clue how to actually get hold of a real support person, there is no field or chat window in which to state my issue.  Using Mac Sierra and Chrome. Getting nowhere.

Finally. After following Volvogirl's advice for a third time, the .tax2014 files opened, and I was able to print to pdf. I guess as they say 3rd time is the charm. 

Thanks for the attention.

@VolvoGirl Thanks for posting this information about needing to download the state after installing. You kept me from losing my mind trying to figure out why the application kept crashing. I downloaded the state and was able to open TurboTax 2014 (on my older MacBook Pro, which still works with an older OS version even in 2021). Your tip helped me file and get back in good graces with IRS.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies