Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to File Due to Forms Not Ready? Anyone else?

@POedVTVagabond  If you are unable to file your return by the deadline for any reason the IRS provides a six month extension to anyone who requests it.  TurboTax is happy to help you file that.

Here's how to file your extension using TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The availability page indicates the Schedule K-1 won't be ready until Feb 16th.   It's strange that I completed the partnership 1065 form without getting that message.   

As usual turbotax throws in another complication.   I tried to click on  "Mark as Best Answer" but I do not see that option anywhere on the page.   

tpan
Level 1

I have the same issue. When I try to file for Texas, it says the forms are not ready. I have received emails that say the forms are ready, but then when I update the software, restart, and try again, it still says that the forms are not ready. I also manually updated the software, and still, it says that the forms are not ready. Has anybody figured this out?

@tpan wrote:

I have the same issue. When I try to file for Texas, it says the forms are not ready. I have received emails that say the forms are ready, but then when I update the software, restart, and try again, it still says that the forms are not ready. I also manually updated the software, and still, it says that the forms are not ready. Has anybody figured this out?

What federal tax forms are showing as not available?

Using the online editions click on Review on the left side of the online program screen to get the list of forms not yet available.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Texas doesn't have any personal income tax.   If you are filing a business (corporation) return for Texas, you can use this link to check the status of those forms.  @tpan 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Just to be clear, I filed a partnership return in Texas.  It is a 1065 and part of that form is a schedule K-1 that reports the individual partners share of the income.   Those schedule K-1's were produced last week, when I e-filed.   The return was accepted.   

Now, I have to file an individual federal 1040 return.   On that return, I have to report any K-1 partnership income.  

The link you provided most recently shows the forms that are delayed by state.   The K-1 form is not listed under Texas.   In the link provided earlier, it goes to a page that lists all forms in numerical order.  Schedule K-1 is in that list and due Feb 16.   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies