Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: My stimulus got rejected. Why? What do I do?

@Tammy 1 - if you filed your taxes for either 2018 or 2019, you are 'good to go'.  That portal is ONLY if you did not file in either year and you are not on SS.  

Surfsup13

I'm on disability and did the turbo tax stimulus portal and got accepted a day later...... But I wonder why yours got rejected...

Mlk2303

I am on ssi, everything I read said to file to register for stimulus money and mine was rejected with a code saying i was claimed on someone else's 2019 tax return. No one should of claimed me and now what am I suppose to do miss out on the stimulus money because of it? It says if I made sure my info was correct and still getting that error to call them but they have no live people to speak to now. So basically if someone wrongfully/unknowingly claims you your screwed? I have no idea what to do now..

Surfsup13

Yeah, I did mines a couple of times on turbotax and keep saying it couldn't process to look and review my application. Turns out my tax dates were wrong, so I fixed them and sent them in, said the IRS got it, looked yesterday and said it was accepted. Do you have any idea who could've claimed you? It may seem stupid but i would try calling, emailing etc doesn't hurt to try

@NCperson So if I don't mail and print my rejected stimulus will the IRS still deposit my stimulus based on my 2018 taxes and or the fact I receive SSI?

• Thanks

Kara89

And I have to do an in person identity verification in order to get my pin number and have no clue if they are going to use the return it not now for my info

@Tammy 1 - yes.  that TT website was only for those that did not file in 2018 / 2019 or do not receive SS.

Mikescott0704
Returning Member

My stimulus submission was accepted what does that mean ? 

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

It means that the IRS has accepted your "stimulus submission". The stimulus submission is a 2019 tax return with little information on it. It is for people who do not have to file a return. 

@Mikescott0704

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mikescott0704
Returning Member

So does that mean will I be getting a stimulus check 

Mikescott0704
Returning Member

& I wanted to check status on my taxes irs isn’t answering is there another way I can get in contact with them I tried online but it isn’t working 

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You might try this:  To check on regular tax refund status via automated phone, call 800-829-1954. (This line has no information on Economic Impact Payments.)  

Another option is: Please visit taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov to locate your local office phone number. 

Here is a link showing the IRS current operations status.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello I entered everything including my 2019 AGI and it says my AGI is wrong I filed thru turbo tax and received my tax refund in March 2020  so what could the problem be

Are you entering the AGI shown on line 20 of your federal form 1040?

Have you verified that your efiled return was accepted by the IRS?  https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

Friday the IRS is opening a website/tool that everyone can check and see what's going on with their particular situation. I think Turbotax/Intuit is misleading people by not explaining that when they fill out this form that they are actually filing a simple tax return!! Anyway if you go to IRS.GOV it will explain everything to you.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies