Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Bernard55
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: 1095-A

I entered coverage and premium payment information as reported on form 1095-A.  I have entered it exactly as set out on the form.  When  I complete entering the information in easy step, I get a message that Turbo tax needs a little more information and takes me back to 1095-A box  1 "marketplace identifier" . The identifier is the 2 letter abbreviation of my state.  I have tried different variations, including a 4 letter abbreviation, the full state name etc and nothing works.  I tried going directly to the form and that doesn't work either.  I am stuck in a loop and can't complete this part of the return.  Any thoughts or fixes? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Box 1 Form 1095-A  Marketplace identifier is a unique 14-character identifier that is a combination of numbers and/or letters, it is not an abbreviation of your state.  Your Form 1095-A should have this number in box 1.  Use the marketplace identifier in box 1 to complete your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I do not get a 1095-A, when I got the the placewhere the ask for information, I dont hand and it will not let me skip over that section.What do I do?

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Your 1095-A should be available in your HealthCare.gov account.  Log into your HealthCare.gov account.

1. Under "Your Existing Applications," select your 2019 application — not your 2020 application.
  2. Select “Tax Forms” from the menu on the left.
  3. Download all 1095-As shown on the screen.

Get screen-by-screen directions, with pictures (PDF).

If you can't find your 1095-A in your Marketplace account, contact the Marketplace Call Center.

lesamree
Returning Member

Mine has California in it, not numbers.  I have put that, plus the number in box 2 in different variations...with the :, without it, the last 15 characters, the last 15 numbers, etc.  It always tells me to fix my errors before I can continue but doesn't tell me what they are. I can't get past that page.

lesamree
Returning Member

I mean my marketplace identifier has California in it.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@lesamree

Try entering CA in box 1 and just the long number in box 2.

lesamree
Returning Member

I tried that, too.  I even tried deleting the form like I read on Google to do, but it wouldn't let me.  Thanks.

lesamree
Returning Member

What goes in Box 2 then?  Because it's asking for the number there.

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

The marketplace assigned policy number goes on box 2. This is usually a 32 digit identifier. Just try entering the last 15 digits on box 2.

lesamree
Returning Member

I have put California in the first box, CA in the first box.  The last 15 characters in the second box, and the last 15 numbers (minus the 🙂 in the second box.  Nothing is working.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

"I get a message that Turbo tax needs a little more information and takes me back to 1095-A box  1 "marketplace identifier" ."

At this point, we need to consider that TurboTax is actually talking about something else. When you are taken back to the 1095-A entry screen, is box 1 highlighted in any way or is it just the first box on the screen? I ask this in case TurboTax is actually referring to another box on the screen and not making this known very well.

Are all the boxes in part III filled in? If that doesn't work, we'll take the next step and delete you 1095-A and start over.

I am having a very similar problem with the California 1095-A.   

First, California is entering box #1 as "California".   There is never any code, and that is across multiple years of 1095-A.

Second, the account number matches this template:

99999CA999999999:99999999

There is a "CA" in the middle of the first part before the colon.    Based on this, would any part of this number be the marketplace identifier?

In some tax software, you cannot even enter the full account number!!  You end up having to truncate part of it.

The whole thing is a mess.   What is the marketplace code for California?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies