Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Tax year 2023 transmissions are not available"

Can't efile my Federal and State business taxes because when I hit transmit returns now a message pops up that says, "Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available. TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2023 for this return."

It's March 4th, my state is also Georgia.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

@austintsmith 

Hello,

I just got off the phone with TurboTax, Georgia is not accepting the 8453-PE Form for e-filing. You need to mail your GA State return.

I just selected e-file Federal and not the State. Then, went back and selected mail return. Check do not mail federal return and select mail state return, print documents, then mail using certified mail.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

A lot of the Georgia business forms will not be available to be electronically filed until March 8th.  On that day:

• If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.
    • You can also try using a different browser
  • If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.
    • Make sure you have ran all the updates

See the State Forms Availability for TurboTax Business

Thank you for the info.

Hi There, it's now March 11th.  My desktop software is up to date.  My state is GA.  The error "Tax Year 2023 transmission are not available" still persists.  Business taxes are due March 14th.  What is the recommended course of action?

@austintsmith 

Hello,

I just got off the phone with TurboTax, Georgia is not accepting the 8453-PE Form for e-filing. You need to mail your GA State return.

I just selected e-file Federal and not the State. Then, went back and selected mail return. Check do not mail federal return and select mail state return, print documents, then mail using certified mail.

I am also in GA and I am trying to file 8453-S.  

Also, I have cleared my cache and that still has not worked.

@dbullard8566 

That form is not accepted for e-filing. You will not be able to e-file your GA return. You will need to mail your GA business return. The due date in 3/15/24. You have a few days.

"Form 8453 S, S Corporate Income Tax Declaration for Electronic Filing
unsupported for e-filing."

Basically, what I did was I checked to e-file my federal return and not my GA return. Then went back to my state filing, checked to mail the state return, not the federal (since we e-filed it). Then, print out the forms. Follow the instructions (where to mail the tax returns, do not forget to sign the tax returns, etc.)

Mail it as Certified Mail.

This has been the only year where there has been a problem with e-filing with the state of GA. Hopefully, we do not run in to this next year.
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Although the Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Business indicates that the Georgia State Income modules for all business entities are ready for filing, recent developments have delayed implementation. Since we have not been given an estimated release date, you may wish to consider requesting an extension of time to file. 

According to the Georgia Department of Revenue, if you have a filed a Federal extension (Form 7004) by the original due date of your return, you will be granted an additional 6 months to file your Georgia return.

Department of RevenueDepartment of Revenue

Corporate Due Dates

For taxable years beginning on or before January 1, 2016, corporate income tax returns are due on or before the 15th day of the 3rd month following the close of the taxable year with the exception of an extension.

irs.govirs.gov

About Form 7004, Application for Automatic Extension of Time To File Certain Business Income Tax, In...

Use Form 7004 to request an automatic 6-month extension of time to file certain business income tax, information, and other returns. Information on e-filing Form 7004.

Since you have already e-filed your federal return, you can go directly to the Georgia Department of Revenue site to obtain Form IT-303, Application for Extension of Time for Filing. You can also generate this form within TurboTax in the state interview section. You will need to print and mail the form to Georgia.To access the extension form, proceed through the state interview screens in TurboTax.
When asked "Do you want to prepare a Georgia extension?", select Yes.
You will be prompted to print and mail the state extension form.

Department of RevenueDepartment of Revenue

IT-303 Application for Extension of Time for Filing

Application for Extension of Time for Filing State Income Tax Returns.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm in Texas and had the same thing happen.  I went back and unchecked to e-file the state return option and I was able to efile the federal Business return.  

rbird

I'm getting the same message when attempting to file an amended return in GA. This is NOT a business return and it does NOT contain form 8453. Turbo Tax says I can efile the amended return, yet every time I try, I get the "Tax Year 2023 transmissions..." error. The Turbo Tax filing instructions say NOT to mail my return, "Since you filed electronically." Very confusing and frustrating!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

If you still are not able to solve this, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@CatinaT1 

The problem is that Form 8453P can not be e-filed. It is unsupported. I mailed my GA Business Tax documents.

Georgia Partnerships Forms Availability

Will this issue be fixed for next years business tax returns?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies