Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year 2020: TurboTax Updates on Unemployment Tax Relief

TT is not very responsive to customers questions if you can get to them at all. Quite unsatisfied with TT customer service.

I have the CD version of TurboTax Premier, not seeing the unemployment update (Bought at CostCo). I did my taxes via the turbotax online portal. The online one is updated. My issue is I bought the CD and do not want to pay for the online (don't want to buy the same product twice). Is there an update coming to the CD version (last program update was released on 3-18-21). 

@larsonclan  I read somewhere that an update might be coming down on March 25th. I'm hoping.

jthoele71

I am running Turbo Tax Home and Business version [phone number removed], desktop on windows 10

No update yet regarding the change in tax on Schedule 1 to unemployment.

When will this happen?

AMDD
Level 2

Spoiler
Like so many others,  I have the CD/download version of the Turbotax, and upto now,  there is no update for the unemployment tax relief.  Whereas the online version already has the update?!  What is wrong here?  How hard is it to push the updates to the desktop/CD version?  How long do we have to wait?   Turbotax Customer Support Team - please provide a date!  Time is precious.

Thanks!
AMDD
Level 2

Like so many others,  I have the CD/download version of the Turbotax, and upto now,  there is no update for the unemployment tax relief.  Whereas the online version already has the update?!  What is wrong here?  How hard is it to push the updates to the desktop/CD version?  How long do we have to wait?   Turbotax Customer Support Team - please provide a date!  Time is precious.

Thanks!

I agree! Since Turbo Tax has had our money for months it makes sense to accommodate the free version filers , they pay when submitting. Turbo Tax has made it impossible to get anyone on the phone or even issue any kind of statement when we can expect an update.  The extended filing doesn't do any good to business owners in need of estimated quarterly deposits by April 15th planning to apply the over payment . Don't say it will update Friday when it hasn't. Please just give us a date so we can plan when to work on our taxes.

When will schedule 1 be updated for the $10,200 unemployment exemption.

When will my desktop TurboTax Premium which was purchased on disk pull down the update to the software? It keeps saying it needs the update but nothing there when I check under Online---->Check for Updates = Software is up to date.  How can this be?

Please provide guidance.

I have  desktop TT premier, and looked at Sch 1 line 8 and it is blank.  No adjustment for the Unemployment Tax Relief.  I checked for updates and it is current.  I am on version  WinPerReleaseMsi 020.0000.1665.

How will I know when the Software has been updated.  I did download and install an update on Mar 19, 2021.

Appreciate your help..

jzeeman

The credit of 10,200 is still not on Turbo Tax.  Anyone know when it will be updated.  I will not have access to printer starting April 1, should I go to IRS site and input manually

Highly frustrating to say the least.  I too am using TT Home and Business, Desktop version, and see no updates although I am regularly checking.

I also saw a March 25th date floating around so I will wait until Friday morning to see if we get a fresh update then.

alec

Still no updates weeks later what seems to be the problem. Last year I will be using turbo tax

AMDD
Level 2

I'm with you.  This will also be the last year I will use Turbotax if they do not get this update soon!  There are other tax prep softwares out there...

cat4188

I just tried and the update for unemployment benefits exemption is not showing. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies