Tax question on employer in different state and I work in different state for employers client

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax question on employer in different state and I work in different state for employers client

I am on F1 OPT work authorization and I am working on W2. My employer is located in CT and I work in NYC for my employers client. On my pay stubs I am paying taxes to NYC. When I enter the details from my W2 on Sprintax, it creates the details and taxes of CT . So my question is, is that right ? or do I have to change that to NYC, and if so how can I do that on Sprintax ?

1 Reply
Level 12
Level 12

Are you sure you have passed the Substantial presence test and therefore can file 1040 or are you still a Non-Resident Alien required to file form 1040-NR.  It sounds like you may be a resident -- but we need more details . When did you enter the country with F visa, were there any extensions?

Namaste ji

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings