Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nsomer
Returning Member

system not letting me efile this year

Hi, I've been using turbotax for years without a problem. This year, I have paid for filing, but the system is giving me an error. "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." I was able to find information that IT-2 summary for NY state filing cannot be efiled. Interesting, I wish I was told before. We are in 2022 and if you have a job and get a W2 you cannot efile NY taxes. OK.

With the Federal Taxes, I checked all the forms, all of them are available for efiling now. I tried to submit the Federal return separately, still no luck. I am paying for convenience, for efiling my taxes, and nothing is working this year. I could download all the forms and do my taxes without TurboTax. Am I supposed to print and snail mail everything this year? Is something going to be fixed? Should I wait or look for a printer?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

system not letting me efile this year

It is a good idea to first clear your cache and cookies - which means removing all of the temporary programs that can gum up your web browser.  If that doesn't work, try using a different web browser.

If that doesn't work I would recommend using the "Live Expert" help in the right upper corner to see if having someone walk you through helps.

Here is a link on how to clear your cache and cookies.

Here is a link to finding a TurboTax expert.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies