Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

al-neal
Returning Member

Submit Form D-4000V NC state Payment Voucher with Form 8453? They see to have printed together. And if the answer is no, do I need to mail Form 8453, Form 8949 e-filed?

There is no indication on the Form 8453 that a copy of  the payment voucher should or should not be mailed. Is it just a coincidence that they seemed to print together? 

On Form 8453, Form 8949 box is checked.  The form says to submit Form 8949 if I elect not to report transactioins electronically on Form 8949. 

But I confirmed that Form 8949 was electronically submitted. 

What should I mail, if anything?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Submit Form D-4000V NC state Payment Voucher with Form 8453? They see to have printed together. And if the answer is no, do I need to mail Form 8453, Form 8949 e-filed?

Mail the Form D-4000V Payment Voucher to the state if you are mailing a check.  If you are receiving a refund or you paid electronically, you can ignore it.   Mail Form 8453 to the IRS along with either a copy of your Form(s) 8949, or a copy of your Form(s) 1099-B (only the section that shows the investment sales transactions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

Mail the Form D-4000V Payment Voucher to the state if you are mailing a check.  If you are receiving a refund or you paid electronically, you can ignore it.   Mail Form 8453 to the IRS along with either a copy of your Form(s) 8949, or a copy of your Form(s) 1099-B (only the section that shows the investment sales transactions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies