Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Still have a K-1 QBI error

Even though form 8995-A was made available several days ago, and my software is up to date, I still have an error on my personal return on the K-1 that has my Unreimbursed Partner Expenses.  The error highlights the Business Name and says:  "Sch K-1 Wks-Partnerships (Business, LLC):  Activity name has entries for certain deductions such as section 179, depletion, section 59(e)(2) and other expenses that may be individually limited.  For purposes of the qualified business income deduction those expenses are not yet supported.  This will be enabled in a subsequent release."  

How do I fix this issue???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

@Toga Woodworking wrote:

How do I fix this issue???

You will have to wait for the new release with the fix.

I am having the same issue.  When will the new release come out?

FYI... I contacted customer service on 2/21 with same issue.  They believed this was solved in the 2/20/2020 update, however, after granting them remote access to my PC/Software, they saw this was not the case.  They confirmed my software was up to date, and that I still had the error.  They also could not determine how this was possible, because on their system it was already available.  By the end of the conversation they could not say when the update would be available, because to them it was already in place.  Offered to help me file an extension, which I refused, then issued me a full refund.  Find this very disturbing since their "Forms Availability" link shows this is ready (https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html).  Next update for Forms that are still in limbo (for the record, nothing to do with this issue) is March 4, 2020.  Maybe this will be fixed then????  

Following the thread.

When can we expect this new release?  

So, if I am still having the errors and TurboTax says the issue is fixed, does that mean I can't file my return until the errors don't appear on my Federal Return? If they say the issue is fixed, and a number of us still see the issue after our software has been updated, how do we get TurboTax to revisit this issue?  Do I need to file my Federal return by mail with the issue unresolved?  This is not right.

Customer Service opened a ticket on Friday night (2/21) to address internally.  At that time the folks I spoke with were not sure how why the error was happening.

I had a very similar experience with customer service on or around 2/21.  The only difference is, instead of offering to help me file an extension, they recommended I upgrade my browser.  I knew then that they had no idea what to do or how to help.  I understand delays can happen, but I am extremely disappointed at the lack of communication.  Is this not a TT message board that we are on?  If so, why is TT personnel not monitoring it and providing information to us?  If I'm not able to e-file on 2/28, I'm going to print out my returns and mail them in.  If that happens, I will definitely be looking for a different tax software next year and I've been a TT customer for close to 10 years.

The "upgrade your browser" comment by support is particularly annoying given that the problem also exists in the stand-alone Windows 2019 TurboTax Premium desktop application.

Hallelujah!  It now works.  Someone put out the update on a different thread, so I went and opened my desktop TT.  It went through the update process and immediately gave me a message that there were 0 errors.  I was able to e-file just a couple of minutes ago.  Best wishes to everyone!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies