Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rhone07
Returning Member

Step-by-Step Investment Income-Stock, crypto, Mutual Funds, Bonds "Available now" caption does not change

In the Step-by-Step process for Investment Income - Stocks, Crytocurrency, Mutual Funds Bonds, Other the Summary heading is "Available Now" for 2023. After updating/verifying the 200+ transactions it does not change to a dollars amount as in past years, but continues to display "Available Now". When completing the "Smart Check" it says there are no errors. Have others experienced this an anomaly 2023? Perhaps I should just move on and assume no errors.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Step-by-Step Investment Income-Stock, crypto, Mutual Funds, Bonds "Available now" caption does not change

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

If you still are not able to solve this, please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Rhone07
Returning Member

There has been no change, the issue persists.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

This section of the program is ready and should actually show "Your investment sales summary" as shown in the screenshot below instead of available now.  If you are not getting any errors when going through the Federal Review and Smart Check section of the program, you should be able to continue and complete your return.

Before you finalize, you can also select Online and then Check for Updates from the menu on the top of your program or if you are using TurboTax online, the updates will already be in effect.  This will ensure your software is up to date before you file.  If there are any issues, they will be flagged in the Smart Check section of the program before you proceed to the filing section of the program.

[Edited 4/5/2024|9:45AM PST]

@Rhone07

I am having exactly the same issue.  I have updated the program - no change.  This data was imported from my financial institution.  I contacted my financial institution and they determined that all the data were correct.  In Turbotax, all the data and accounts are shown when I hit "update" data within the investment sales summary section - giving a total value of more than $3000 loss, but this information is not shown in the Income Summary page, which continues to show "available now" where the $3000 loss should be captured. I just contacted Turbotax and the guy told me to reenter all the data manually, which will be a major chore - then my call was terminated somehow.  I am writing this now but will contact Turbotax again.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If you have verified your entries are correct and included on your return, and you have no SmartCheck errors, you may ignore the "Available Now" caption. This may be a browser issue or a screen update that was incomplete. The review function in TurboTax assures your input has no errors. Also note that the Income Summary page has been problematic during the 2023 tax season.

@tr526 

This response was not correct in my case. As I indicated I have a $3000 loss in the underlying data which was not captured in the summary - which only showed “available now”. I could find no errors in the data and their were no smartcheck problems. I solved the problem by starting a new instance of my 2023 turbotax and before inputting any other data I performed the data dump from my financial institute as before. This time all the data came across with no errors showing the $3000 loss in the summary of the investment income. Go figure!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies