turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fidelity has released their Form 1099 today and your systems still have yet to update the ability to import this tax form, which makes it inconvenient, please update

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Fidelity has released their Form 1099 today and your systems still have yet to update the ability to import this tax form, which makes it inconvenient, please update

Mine says 31 Jan !   The paper/PDF files are ready, but those cannot be imported into TTX.

........For the specially-formatted tax import files no one don't know if that is at 11:59 PM or 0001 AM on their "Target date" 

ANNND The files may not all be available at the same time  (they have millions of files to generate). Thus Fidelity may change the date at any time if they encounter computer problems with the formatting of those tax files.

wait until 1 Feb and let them work on those files before trying again...they'll be available when they Fidelity finally decides they are ready and they are sure they are error free..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
mmdieter

it is 2/12/18 and they are still not importing.  When I try, it just says check back after 1-30-18...very frustrating!

@mmdieter
I imported mine last week.

If you are getting that date showing, then I suspect that you have the desktop/download version, and have not updated your software recently.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
mmdieter

Interesting. I have had to update each time I log in. I bought the CD, but it says it is up to date

MACs do that...but you also have to make sure you take out the CD  after you install it.
mmdieter

I just logged in again and updated my version.  When I check for updates, it says I have version 2/15, but when I try to import my fidelity documents, it is still saying I need to check back after 1/20.  Does anyone else have any advice? (it is a PC, not a mac, and the CD is not in the computer)

I just imported a 1099-INT from fidelity just now.  No blockage at all.

Something in your software isn't updating fully.  Shut down the TTX software, and then download and install the manual update and see if that fixes it.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901192-manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-deluxe...>
mmdieter

@SteamTrain , thanks, that worked!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies