Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State Tax return lost in mail, eletronic resubmittal requested

I mailed paper copies this year - long story - and my South Carolina return was sent by postal system to Chicago and its to late to file a claim with postal service

SC has requested resubmittal electronically but TurboTax blocks this because they want to federal sent at same time. But Feds have already cashed my check. 

Is there a workaround to send only the state electronically? I need to do something to get refund

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

No, no way to efile state if the federal was printed and mailed.  You can only efile state if the federal was first efiled and Accepted.  Sorry.

When you use TurboTax, you cannot e-file a state return unless the federal return has been e-filed and accepted by the IRS.  Since you filed federal by mail, there is not a way for you to e-file your state return.  If the state did not receive the copy that you mailed, you will need to print it out again and mail it to them again.   Only a paid tax professional might be able to e-file the state for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies