turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Started return Married Filing Separately, entered all data, changed to Married Filing Jointly, added spouse info including SSN, and still nowhere is there any place to add spouse information.

Apparently I should see a column for each person in the various sections, but there is no such thing anywhere.  Any ideas?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Started return Married Filing Separately, entered all data, changed to Married Filing Jointly, added spouse info including SSN, and still nowhere is there any place to add spouse information.

on a joint return, there are no separate columns for each spouse's income (maybe on some state returns) . They're combined on the various lines. Nor is there a worksheet when you are done that shows your income vs your spouse's income. Do you need this info for any reason? 

@Mike9241 This user posted in another thread about this issue earlier.  I think he made some mistakes with setting up a joint return and now just cannot locate the places by spouse name to enter income on the income screens.  He needs to correct some information in My Info.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Bacially, I don't see a place to download various 1099 and investment income for my spouse from THEIR login at THEIR brokerage.  If I try, it just keeps going to my own login that I already entered when I did it for MY brokerage data.

Everything in "My Info" has been reverified and is accurate:

My name, SSN, Marital Status, State of Residence

Spouse name, SSN, State of Residence

Filing Status: Married Filing Jointly

Correct address

Try this.   Maybe it will work for other brokers.  For Fidelity this user found a way here....

After I had downloaded from one account and the second one would not work, I looked at the Fidelity website and noticed that I was already logged in to my account (the one I had downloaded from). Turns out that TurboTax had not dropped the connection from the first account. I logged out of that one and tried to download the second account and I was presented with the login screen and could then download from the second account.

Unable to import second instance of brokerage (completely different accounts/credentials/data)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies