Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fb984

I am a J1 holder. But I made my account for turboTax for common one. I would like to switch to use "spintax" one. Can I use same ID or should made new one?

I realize that turbo tax doesn't cover 1040NR. If I need to make new account for spintax, how do I handle with first account for Turbotax?  Can I just leave it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

I am a J1 holder. But I made my account for turboTax for common one. I would like to switch to use "spintax" one. Can I use same ID or should made new one?

Sprintax is its own website. So, you will need to recreate an account with them. You may be able to use the same username, of course, but nothing will transfer from TurboTax.

If you haven't gone very far with Turbo Tax, then you can delete the data.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899886-can-i-delete-my-tax-return-in-turbotax-online

Either way, Turbo Tax does not mail returns on you behalf or transmit returns without you pressing those buttons. So, if you leave your data on our site, it won't go anywhere without your efforts. You can just leave it.

Are you certain that you should be filing a 1040-NR? Do you have any questions?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Sprintax is its own website. So, you will need to recreate an account with them. You may be able to use the same username, of course, but nothing will transfer from TurboTax.

If you haven't gone very far with Turbo Tax, then you can delete the data.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899886-can-i-delete-my-tax-return-in-turbotax-online

Either way, Turbo Tax does not mail returns on you behalf or transmit returns without you pressing those buttons. So, if you leave your data on our site, it won't go anywhere without your efforts. You can just leave it.

Are you certain that you should be filing a 1040-NR? Do you have any questions?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies