Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ziliangx
Returning Member

My 2018 tax filing was rejected due to a wrong AGI. What shall i put for the AGI if my 2017's federal return is not processed yet ?

Hi,

My 2018 tax filing was rejected and TurboTax repeatedly reported AGI is not correct although i verified last year's filing record, the number i put was good.

The status of my 2017 filing is that it is still in processing as IRS needs my identification validation. I went to IRS office to finish the validation just a few days ago which is 3/18/2019. So it means my 2017 filing is not actually done. 

When i filed 2018 tax return, i tried to use my 2017 AGI, it didn't work. I tried put 0 for the AGI and file again, it didn't work neither. 

Some answers in intuit suggested putting "zero" instead of decimal "0", however TurboTax Premium doesn't even accept non-decimal chars.

So would like to know what AGI i shall try to input to file my 2018's tax return ?

Thanks so much !

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My 2018 tax filing was rejected due to a wrong AGI. What shall i put for the AGI if my 2017's federal return is not processed yet ?

You will have to print, sign and file by mail.

ziliangx
Returning Member

So it is not possible to e-file for my case :( ?
Janice 36

When will I get my 2018 refund? I don't have a printer so I can't print my tax form.

To ziliangx: If you cannot efile your return because neither your 2017 AGI or 0 for your AGI will allow the efile to be accepted, you must print, sign and mail your return. 

To Janice36: It is not clear what you are asking. You cannot get a refund without either efiling or printing and mailing your tax return. If you choose to print and mail your return, you must print it yourself. If you don't have a printer, you will have to log in to your account from a location where you cant print it such as a public library. Until the IRS receives your tax return and processes it, the IRS will not issue a refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies