Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Should my credit card statement say US TreasuryTax Pymt Franklin TN when using TurboTax 3rd party Vendor service provider to pay my taxes owed? Is this a legit 3rd party?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Should my credit card statement say US TreasuryTax Pymt Franklin TN when using TurboTax 3rd party Vendor service provider to pay my taxes owed? Is this a legit 3rd party?

Possibly.  The IRS does say that payments will typically show up as either IRS USA Tax Payment, IRS USA Tax Pymt, or something similar under the section Facts you need to know in this link.

I suggest reviewing your tax returns and making sure the amounts paid to the IRS matches the amount on your credit card statement.

You can also check your payments on the IRS website here.  I recommend creating an account if you don't have one already, and reviewing your payments to confirm the payments on your credit card statement are reflected on the IRS website as well. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

what's important is that the money left your account and arrived at US Treasury for credit to your account.

@vbenson101 

I used this service with the same vendor listed on my statement and just received a letter from the IRS that my payment was never received. 

DMT61

Mine is stating the same thing, I have spent hours on the phone with the IRS and called turbo tax multiple times and they state everything went as they should. Now I am going to file a report with the bank that it was fraud and a police report. This should not happen when using a site like Turbo Tax everything should go exactly where it should. 

I also spoke with someone at TurboTax and they said it is not fraud. The IRS is just not matching the payment to the tax return. After the 6/17 filing deadline, the IRS phone lines won't be as clogged. I plan on having my bank statement with proof of payment (and all subsequent bank statements to show the funds weren't returned to me) along with any documentation support from TurboTax and while on the phone with an IRS agent, fax the material to them as proof of payment. Hopefully this works.

jrperkins

Mine said the same thing and the IRS sent us a nonpayment letter

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please contact the IRS to discuss the payment that was made.  It's possible it was not credited to the correct social security number if you filed a joint return, for example. The payment should be applied to the primary taxpayer.  Typically, calling and speaking to a representative as well as having the applicable proof of payment information available during the call should help.  

Please see this link from the IRS about the notice you received and steps to take as well as this guide of what to have on hand when you call the IRS.

@jrperkins 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
palarfort

I had the same issue. Your payment was processed through Pay1040. They are based out of Franklin, TN Their phone number is [phone number removed]. More than likely what happened is that your payment didn't move from Pay1040 to the IRS. If you reach out to the IRS via the number provided on the notice they should be able to move the payment over. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies