JSadoski

Should I enter an amount for 1099-INT Box 17 even if it's blank?

I live in Ohio. I earned more than $10 in savings account interest and linked my 1099-INT. The information in TurboTax matches my 1099-INT exactly, but it's marked "Needs Review" and I cannot continue. Is it because I haven't entered any state tax withheld?

HelenC12

Yes, that could be the problem. Here are some troubleshooting options:

1. If your 1099-INT form has a state entered in Box 15 and/or Box 16 has a state identification number, enter $0 in box 17, State tax withheld.  
  2. If your 1099-INT form does not have a state entered in Box 15 and/or Box 16 does not have a state identification number, but TurboTax is showing entries in Box 15 and/or 16, delete those entries to make the boxes blank.
  3. Delete the 1099-INT form and re-enter it. If you're using TurboTax Online, see How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online? If you'er using TurboTax CD\Download, see How do I delete a tax form in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

HelenC12