turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ephian

Self Employed Health Insurance is much more than my premium

The figures for my Self Employed Health Insurance are wrong and are being overstated.

My actual premium was 20,218.  That is reported on correctly on form 7206.  Schedule 1 is shows 44,194.

It looks like it is duplicating this because it is adding the premium reported on my 1095-A.

How so I fix that.

Also, on 1095-A I have 5,220 of PTC that needs to be repaid.   I see that goes in as an additional tax line.  Do I add that number in to the premium so that I get a credit for it?    

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I will page Champ @Mike9241 for your question for his input. Please check this thread later.

You only enter it from the 1095-A. When you enter the 1095A there should be a box to check for self employment.  If you enter the 1095-A and select the "Self-employed and bought a Marketplace plan" box, it will automatically include those premiums in the SE Health Insurance section. So you shouldn't enter it again on schedule C.  And the repaid amount is a circular calculation.  Turbo Tax handles it.  

Self Employed health Insurance does not go directly on Schedule C so it will not reduce your Net Profit or self employment tax.

If it does exceed your net self-employment income it gets split automatically. An amount equal to your net self-employment income goes on Form 1040 Schedule 1, and the remainder gets added in to medical expenses on Schedule A.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies