Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Self-Employed Health Insurance Deduction vs. form 1095-A entries

Please read this Turbo Tax link , for more information how to enter your 1095A information and how to deduct the premiums paid as Self-Employed Health Insurance Premium Deduction.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

DaveF1006: This IS the thread for which you provided a link. Did you mean to provide a link to something else? Or just didn't realize you're on page 7 of this thread?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

For more support completing the health insurance related questions for your tax return, please see:

Where do I enter my 1095-A?

Can I deduct health insurance premiums if I’m self-employed?

@brianglett

marksja
Returning Member

I have not been able to find an answer to this question, and would appreciate any help very much...

On the 1095-A - can the monthly SLCSP amount change? The reason I ask is that when I signed up for my Market Place insurance for 2022, a specific SCLSP value was used to calculate my APTC. I noticed that the SLCSP amount changed throughout 2022. Will the 1095 I receive in January show these different amounts, or will it use the amount that was used to calculate my APTC? Not a big deal on my taxes, but it will make a difference. Thanks in advance for any help on this!

On the 1095-A - can the monthly SLCSP amount change?  Yes that is common.

The reason I ask is that when I signed up for my Market Place insurance for 2022, a specific SCLSP value was used to calculate my APTC. I noticed that the SLCSP amount changed throughout 2022. Will the 1095 I receive in January show these different amounts   Yes it will and this is normal.

marksja
Returning Member

Thanks so much for the response - very much appreciated!

marksja
Returning Member

Hello - I just wanted to make sure I understood your response to my question. My income did not change throughout 2022 - I did not make any changes to it. What I noticed on the Pennsylvania market place website - Pennie - is that the SLCSP changed for some months in 2022 when I used their estimator tool using my same income. The SLCSP amount was actually higher and would have given me a higher APTC. So, that was my question - will my 1095 show these SLCSP changes month to month, or will it show the SLCSP used to calculate the APTC amount I received monthly in 2022. Thanks again for any insight that can be provided on this...

The 1095-A should reflect the changes the ACA made but when you get the form in January you will know for sure. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies