turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 2210: LIne D Withholding-1. The sum of the four columns is not equal to your total withholding of $XXXX for the year. Not sure what this means/ what to correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MichaelDC

Form 2210: LIne D Withholding-1. The sum of the four columns is not equal to your total withholding of $XXXX for the year. Not sure what this means/ what to correct?

Select the Tools option on the left menu, and then Delete a form. Delete Form 2210 and run the review again. The error should be gone and Form 2210 will be removed from the return.  

Please feel free to post any additional details or questions in the comment section.

Does not work - the form recalculates with the same issue.
nefis

Somehow the form gets wrong federal income tax withheld. I've entered the sum from line 2 of mine W-2 and the error was gone. Hopefully, it's the fix ))

RE:  Form 2210

I am trying to submit my withholding taxes according to the quarter they were withheld.  The input asks for the amount for each quarter, which I typed in, but when these amounts are entered into form 2210 the amounts are offset from the boxes provided.  Only quarter 1 ends up in the correct box.  The entry for quarter 2 is partially in the quarter 2 box and the rest in quarter 3, quarter 3 is between the box for Q3 and Q4, and the entry for quarter 4 simply disappears. This seems to be a software issue.  When I review my forms I get a message telling me the 4 quarters do not add up correctly-in fact they only add up to the Q1 box-which means the other 3 quarter are not being read.

I closed out turbo tax, reopened-didn't work

I deleted form 2210, reentered  info-didn't work

@baxter2004, I encountered a similar problem.  It ended up being a rounding difference between how TurboTax rounds, and how the IRS must round.  I added a dollar (I was told it can be off by as much as 2 dollars either way) and then the error went away.  Hope this helps.

Exactly same problem for me!  Only 3 of the 4 columns appear.  The printed form looks correct, but now I can't e-file.  This is definitely an issue and TT needs to fix it.

Thank you so much for letting us know your solution. I added a $1 and the error went away.  This year it's very frustrating because I an only use Web-based TT because my Mac OS is too old.  

bbusse1

This fix worked for my return.  

gbh305

The rounding fix did *not* work for me - still the same error.  It wouldn't file electronically without fixing the error, so I deleted form 2210 and then jumped back to the end and filed, and it seemed to work.  So far so good - my federal filing was accepted.

Why can't Turbotax get on the ball and fix this error, which has been around for 5 years now?   

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies