Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Schedule M1W 1: Line 1-Payer's Name - Dup info on your W-2's. Married filing jointly. Identical w2's. TT check this entry and not letting me e-file. how can i e-file?

Me and spouse work same employer same wage, got w2 with identical amounts. Turbo tax is not letting me e-file as it says to correct the entry. but there is nothing to correct. it is flagging to correct or file by mail. but i want to e-file.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Schedule M1W 1: Line 1-Payer's Name - Dup info on your W-2's. Married filing jointly. Identical w2's. TT check this entry and not letting me e-file. how can i e-file?

Add $1 to one of the forms.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Add $1 to one of the forms.

tlariscy

Unfortunately, my wife and I are having the same issue. But adding $1 to the State wages, tips, etc. box , it is still popping up with the same error.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

Try also adding the $1 to the box 1 amount on the same form so boxes 1 and 16 match.  You might also try altering the spelling slightly on the employer (payer) name. 

tlariscy

Ah, gotcha! I tried adding $1 to box 1 and a few others as I was unsure which box from the original reply. We did more then box 1 and 16. But unfortunately we just couldn't get anything to work so we just settled for mailing it in Monday to make sure we got it in with time to spare. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies