Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Schedule 8812

Hi DawnC 

I entered 0 for all the fields and still no luck.  I am stuck in an internal loop.

At this point I am ready to give up and file by mail , since Turbo Tax will not let me proceed.  However it has already charged my credit card $25 for the State filing fee,  even though I have not and cannot file through TurboTax

I believe there is a bug in the system, seems like a lot of other people are having the same problem.

Kind Regards - John 

Kind Regards - John 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Schedule 8812

Your tax return does not report a dependent as a qualifying child?

Perhaps one or more of the entry boxes is showing a disallowed character that cannot be seen?  Delete box entry and re-enter '0'?

What message do you receive when you run Federal Review?

Everyone has to answer whether they received advance child tax credit payments but I have not seen this issue reported.

If you did not receive any of those payments between July and December, report that you received $0.

@jfreeney

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Schedule 8812

Hi DawnC,

I also was seeing a mostly blank Schedule 8812 and missing data error in my Federal Smartcheck. But I followed your guidance and the error has cleared. Thank you for clear guidance!

Schedule 8812

Because TurboTax does not care. Even after chatting with customer support on the phone for 1/2 hour, problem not solved. I finally just entered 0 for the amount and submitted it including 8812. This form should not have been required but it was if I wanted to e-file or finish my return using TurboTax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies