turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unexpected crash on mac mojave

using TT home&business 2018 on mac mojave 10.14.3 

I get to the page where I click "no" on incentive stock options and TT crashes. Brings up a small window that an error report will automatically be sent and I can click "retry", but when I do the same crash happens again.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

23 Replies

I suggest calling customer support tomorrow and ask for Mac tech support.   If you can get the crash log from Utilities -> Console it will probably help.

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number">https://ttlc.intuit.com...>

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
tincada

Mine does the exact same thing.  Spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone, downloaded program again, several times.  Still no go.  I was told the tier 59 or whatever person would call me back.  Never happened.   On hold again.  

I was able to duplicate the problem in Mac OSX 10.12.6 so it appears to be in a Mac releases.
 I have reported it to the Moderators with a crash log.

AFAIK I can only duplicate it if I am using the "Guide Me" interview or "Visit All".
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

i have the same exact problem when answering  “ no to incentive tax options. it crashes. asks me to install “ X Code” and begin debugging.
BZee

After spending over 10 hours perping my tax, I was doing the undo by cmd-Z and it crashed. Moreover, **all** my information are now erased and I have to start out of scratch!!!
gmn-ttax

same issue - Veronica a supervisor told me that this is apples fault and I should call them, then she sent me outdated info about TTX 2014
gmn-ttax

BTW - there should be no reason why a customer who bought commercial off the shelf software should need to go out and buy a developers kit to run consumer software.  clearly their testing and quality assurance process needs lots of work

It's a "debug" trap because of a compiler error.   The X Code is a developer tool, not for you to use.  It is a TurboTax bug.  Use the "I'll choose what I will work on"and not the "Guide Me".

It has been reported to TurboTax.
gmn-ttax

Veronica B - supervisor told me that TTAX will NOT FIX THIS that TTAX is not supported on the MAC

Of course Mac is supported.   There are 4 different Mac products.
fmontanez

Mac version of Home & Business crashes and asks to install the X code.  What's the fix?

There is none as of now.   TurboTax has not yet acknowledged the problem.

AFAIK it only occurs when answering no to a question that does not apply to you so skip the Guide Me interview and just select the categories that you need.
swoodrum

I have the exact same problem of crashing when I get to the question about ISO.  I hope they fix this soon.
michaelm

Same problem. Crashes when I click 'no' on the ISO page. MacOS 10.13.6. Started a new tax return from scratch and the problem happened again. Good to know it's not just me. I hope TurboTax puts out a fix for this soon.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies