Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

agiapnm4

Refund

I have filled 2021 Fed taxes 4/6/2021… they accepted. I inadvertently gave incorrect direct deposit info. Verified with bank and # given was not a valid account, so I know feds will send a check. I am still waiting for said check. I have tried calling but all to no avail! Please advise 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Refund

No need to call the IRS---if the direct deposit was refused by your bank then the IRS will issue and mail you a check.  They will not allow you to change banking information.   It will take several extra weeks to get the check, which will be sent by first class mail without any sort of tracking.

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, then the deposit goes back to the third party bank that handles refund processing, and that third party bank will mail you a check.   It will come in a plain envelope via first class mail so make sure you open all mail and do not assume anything is junk mail without opening it.

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
agiapnm4

Refund

Thank you. Also It’s been 8 weeks thus far, is this typical?

agiapnm4

Refund

Thank you, Also it’s been 8 weeks this far… is this typical?

Refund

The IRS is backlogged so a lot of things are taking longer than normal.    If you used refund processing, call SBTPG to ask what is happening with your check.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies