Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received refund from TPG products less $50 . I did my own taxes. I did not request help from anyone so why are fees deducted. I have used Turbo Tax for years and have never had this problem.

I finally received my refund but it was $50 less than expected.  I have used Turbo Tax for years and this has not happened before.  My refund came from TPG products and it said fees were deducted.  I did not request any help preparing our taxes.  I did it myself.  There should be no fees.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Received refund from TPG products less $50 . I did my own taxes. I did not request help from anyone so why are fees deducted. I have used Turbo Tax for years and have never had this problem.

We have no access to your account information.  If I had to guess---it would be this---you are posting from the CD/download software, right?   There was an offer to get a $10 discount on the $20 state e-file fee, so the state e-file fee would have been $10 for you before March 1.   If you chose to pay that $10 by having the $10 deducted from your federal refund---which was offered as a choice on the payment screen--- instead of paying the $10 using a credit or debit card----you also agreed to pay a $40 "refund processing fee" to the third party bank.  That bank receives your federal refund, takes out the amount owed to TT, collects its own $40 fee, and sends the rest of the federal refund to you.   That would explain why your refund was $50 less than what you expected.  Going forward---NEVER choose to pay from your federal refund. 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies