turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CW58

Received a 1095A -Six months used ACA Ins Coverage . How do I report my income by month to show we did not exceed the ACA income limit during the period we were covered?

for the first six months of 2016  I was unemployed. We enrolled in Obamacare and received a premium tax credit each month. When reporting y income for the remainder of the year, we exceed the $47080 limit.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Received a 1095A -Six months used ACA Ins Coverage . How do I report my income by month to show we did not exceed the ACA income limit during the period we were covered?

Whether your income exceeded the credit allowable for your health insurance premium is calculated by the year, not by the month.

Your problem is one of the issues with the way the current bill is written. When people have a major change in their lives - going from single to married, from being unemployed to having that dream job, or just getting a better job with a higher salary - they can find themselves having to pay back a significant chunk of the Advance Premium Tax Credit that they got before this life change happened.

The reason that TurboTax does not provide the opportunity to calculate your income for the months that you had insurance is because the IRS would ignore that information. They only look at your total income for the year.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Whether your income exceeded the credit allowable for your health insurance premium is calculated by the year, not by the month.

Your problem is one of the issues with the way the current bill is written. When people have a major change in their lives - going from single to married, from being unemployed to having that dream job, or just getting a better job with a higher salary - they can find themselves having to pay back a significant chunk of the Advance Premium Tax Credit that they got before this life change happened.

The reason that TurboTax does not provide the opportunity to calculate your income for the months that you had insurance is because the IRS would ignore that information. They only look at your total income for the year.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies