Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

"Ready Soon" for Print Filing 1120S 2022 -- when ready?

On Jan 12, 2023, the 1120S said the forms would be ready for printing and filing via mail on Jan 13, 2023. I signed up to be informed of when the forms would be ready. 8:03 pm on the 13th I received an email saying the forms were ready. When I logged in to TurboTax for Business same thing: efile on the 17th, "Ready Soon" for mailing the return.

I've done the Online Menu and selected "Check for Updates" only to be told everything is up to date. I've shutdown and restarted my computer about six times, I've done my own Windows PC updates, I've called Turbo Tax support. The "upper" support person gave the advice "oh, wait another 12 hours or so, maybe someone forgot to push a button on our end to update this."

What is going on with this? When will it be fixed? I'm helping a friend who needs her 1120S ASAP and I don't want to have download all the forms from the IRS and try to PDF fill them. That would be a huge waste of time and $$ already spent.

Real answers and help would be appreciated -- again, yes I've done "check for updates" yes I've closed and restarted my computer and the Turbo Tax for Business program. Yes TurboTax said the forms for filing by mail would be available Jan 13 and now it just says "Ready Soon" even though I received an email the 13th at 8:03 pm saying they were ready.

Trying to get this done and not waste anymore time.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 1120-S and Schedule K-1 (1120-S) have DO NOT FILE printed on them so they are not ready to file at this point. I would expect that they will be ready to file after the next update.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

The Form 1120S shows as Ready to Print on the TurboTax website for federal and state forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Click on Forms and in Forms mode open the 1120S.  If the form does NOT have DO NOT FILE then it can be printed for mailing.

Form 1120-S and Schedule K-1 (1120-S) have DO NOT FILE printed on them so they are not ready to file at this point. I would expect that they will be ready to file after the next update.

Yes we tried that yesterday and again this am (individually printing in Forms view -- still says DO NOT FILE).

So basically we're just waiting for TurboTax I guess to push that backroom button.

Which I'm going to guess will come Tuesday am.

Which means we have to manually redo the 1120S by downloading the 2022 from the IRS website and read through TurboTax "DO NOT FILE" PDF version as the 1120S needs to be submitted with other documents at 8:30 am Tuesday morning and I do not trust TurboTax in waiting much longer.

Unless anyone has insider information on when the next update will come for the 1120S?

Thanks for your help.

@CMB650 wrote:

Unless anyone has insider information on when the next update will come for the 1120S?

No one here has that information. Updates are typically released on Thursdays, but it could be any day at this point in the season.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies