turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vms3344

Will TurboTax 2019 still operate on Windows 7 after Microsoft no longer supports it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will TurboTax 2019 still operate on Windows 7 after Microsoft no longer supports it?

I found this FAQ TurboTax just put out, it is stating that TurboTax 2019 will not run on Windows 7. It requires Window 8 & above.

What if I don't want to upgrade from Windows 7?

View solution in original post

55 Replies

If your OS is not supported, your system becomes  highly vulnerable to hacking and ransomware.
That is a lot worse than TurboTax not running.

You can usually get a free upgrade to Windows 10.

You have to make sure your system & hardware can handle Windows 10

Do you mean TT 2019 for preparing 2019 tax returns in early 2020?  We are using TT 2018 now.
The mainstream support for Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) ended on January 13, 2015, and the extended support ends on January 14, 2020.

I believe they are asking about the 2019 tax software.  

I found this FAQ TurboTax just put out, it is stating that TurboTax 2019 will not run on Windows 7. It requires Window 8 & above.

What if I don't want to upgrade from Windows 7?

TurboTax 2019 system requirements are not out yet but the TurboTax software has nothing to do whether Microsoft supports Windows. You will have to wait until the 2019 system requirements come out to see if TurboTax will function on Windows 7.

The system requirements are listed here.  Keep checking later for it to be updated.  Should be by November

Window System Reqmt <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901571-minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-windows-software"...>

Those system requirements are for 2018 not 2019 which is why I said 2019 is not out yet.
ruckdr
Returning Member

Good Luck.

I have long wanted to try a TurboTax competitor. Maybe this is the time if any of them support Windows 7...

Upgrading a Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 has risks.  Worried about vulnerabilities - total nonsense. You are no asking me to trust your cloud.  Nonsense.    The most likely reason is to limit the platform qualification and QA resources. 

Upgrading a Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 has risks.    Worried about vulnerabilities - total nonsense.   The weakest link in security is the end-user who is prey to social engineered attacks like emails or call callers.    Windows 10 is just as vulnerable to the most likely attacks.    Intuit is just limiting a platform to qualify and to support for OPEX sake.   And asking their customers to take on the risks, the time and purchase of upgrading perfectly running desktops and laptops.

MIDGE1

I AM RUNING WINDOWS 7. CAN YOU GIVE ME A SPECIFIC WEB SITE FOR FREE DOWN LOAD FOR WINDOWS 10?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies