`

Can I pay federal and state taxes owed through turbo tax when I efile

Yes, you may pay your taxes using TurboTax. TurboTax allows you to use the Direct Debit feature. Direct debit is a way to pay your IRS taxes directly from your bank account.

The money is withdrawn from your bank account on the date you specify (if filing on or before the deadline) or when your return is accepted (if filing after the deadline). We don't charge an extra fee for direct debit.

With direct debit, the IRS withdraws the entire owed tax amount from your bank account. Direct debit for partial payment is not available, and direct debit is only available in TurboTax if you e-file your federal return (although paper-filers can use a similar service from the IRS as a workaround).

If you want to pay by credit card, you may go through the IRS website: See Ways to Pay Your Tax Bill - IRS.gov

I cant seem to by pass the IRS free file on Turbo Tax and I want to pay. I dont want to look for what I can qualify

for. I want to E file with Turbo TAx. What do I do?

@ martha7 wrote:

I don't know what all you have done.    Did you start preparing a return at the TurboTax IRS Free File website, which is a special website separate from Online TurboTax?    And are you asking how to go back to a paid edition at the regular Online TurboTax site?   If that's your situation, we can tell you the way to switch back without starting over.

If you did NOT start a return at the TurboTax IRS Free File website and want to use a paid edition of Online TurboTax at the regular website, then log out of all Intuit accounts.   Empty your browser Internet cache and delete any Intuit-related cookies.

Close the browser and reopen it.

Go to this page, choose your product, and click "Start for free."

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/

My taxes were scheduled to be paid today with direct withdrawl from savings account with bank scheduled for for today 7/15 but as of 2:30 the withdrawals have not cleared. Should I be concerned?

No.  

Sometimes it takes longer to process your payment as the peak filing season occurs.

TurboTax takes your information and submits it to the IRS as you enter it.  

You can use the following link to determine the status of your payments and account with the IRS directly.  This is your best option at this point in time.

View your IRS account

I have the same problem. I am afraid we won't know until bank day closes. I called and waited hours, yesterday, for a response. Turbo Tax can't answer. They say payment will be properly applied, but that is verbally. No system or bank confirm yet. Not good enough.  I regret making payment through turbo tax. It's obvious they don't have a payment processing system

Agree. Not a great experience by Turbo Tax and very unclear whether I actually made my payment to IRS and there is no clear way to check..not sure how this was missed by Product Management.

Mine finally cleared bank in middle of the night.