Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sh3658

W2 box-14 has "VDI". Is this same as "VPDI" which is listed in the Box-14 category of Turbotax dropdown menu "Wages for SDI, VPDI, TDI, UI, etc"?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
FaithY
Expert Alumni

W2 box-14 has "VDI". Is this same as "VPDI" which is listed in the Box-14 category of Turbotax dropdown menu "Wages for SDI, VPDI, TDI, UI, etc"?

Yes. Select VPDI for your W-2 box 14 VDI. VDI is Voluntary Disability Insurance and VPDI is Voluntary Plan Disability Insurance.

Hi Faithy:

I have two question:

1. Is Voluntary Disability Insurance and Voluntary Plan Disability Insurance the same?

2. I have contributed both CA SDI and VDI in 2019 tax year. Because I have change my job in 2019.My first employer contribute to CA SDI($204.58) and my second employer contribute to VDI ($1,126.19). Can I combine two together in total ($1330.77 ) to claim my tax return?  The SDI/VPDI  limit in 2019 is $1,183.71. Do I over contribute to SDI/VPDI in 2019?

thanks

WW

@wangwei8027   Just enter each W2 separately.  If it has the CASDI in box 19 then move it and enter it in box 14.  If you went over the max because you had more than 1 employer Turbo Tax will automatically give you the excess on your California return.

The SDI Withholding Rate for 2019 is 1 percent. The SDI taxable wage limit is $118,371 per employee for calendar year 2019.  The maximum to withhold for each employee is $1,183.71.  If one employer took out more you have to get it back from the employer.  So enter the max for box 14 on that W2.

Excess CA SDI will be on CA 540 line 74.

Hi VolvoGirl:

Got it.😀

Thank you very much for your help.

Best Regards,

WW

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies