Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fords87

Yes I filed my taxes today and the address that is listed for me is actually my previous employers address. How can I change this address to the correct one. Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Yes I filed my taxes today and the address that is listed for me is actually my previous employers address. How can I change this address to the correct one. Thanks

Your address is entered in the My Info section of your return.

If you have already filed your return and it has been accepted by the IRS, then you will need to file an amended return in order to correct the address.  Or, see the following information from the IRS with regard to changing your address:  Topic No. 157 Change Your Address

If your return is rejected by the IRS, then you can update the address before re-submitting your return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If the return is accepted you do NOT amend for only an address change ... use the link to get the form 8822 to mail. 

If you listed your correct address in my info section, then you have notified IRS and nothing else is required. If you used a different address in my info section, then you'll need to notify IRS of your correct address. IRS Form 8822 (Change of address) is one way to notify IRS. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies